Staff development workshops are a crucial piece to the evolution of your faculty . Staff want workshops that are relevant, hands on, interactive, and help with instruction. Educators have weighed in, and Patrick's workshops are all of these things.
Patrick introduces movement based techniques and strategies - and does so with humor, passion, openness, and creativity. Both teachers and administrators have described Patrick as energetic and passionate. His love of teaching will help your staff develop methods to better understand, and serve, the varied learners they must now teach.
Topics covered include:
• Developmental Diversity
• The Role of Music and Movement in both the Special Needs and Typical Classroom
• Classroom Management Through Subject, Music & Movement
• Rhythm, Movement & Speech Delays
• Music & Social Skills
• Dynamic Learners - Dynamic Art
Here’s one example of what administrators are saying about Patrick's In-Service/Staff Development Workshop:
"Patrick provided in-service professional development training to our K-8 teachers to help support integrating the arts with all academic content areas. Teachers found his sessions to be engaging, tied to student learning, and specific to their needs as classroom teachers."
- Mrs. Kari McGann, Supervisor of Humanities - Readington Township Schools
Patrick has also presented music themed lesson plans to social studies classes to help students better understand a culture or period; and has also presented music history lessons to general music as well as band classes. Some of his knowledgeable areas include:
• American Music History (folk music, the blues, rock & roll, hip-hop)
• Jazz History
• Jazz band rhythm section instruction
• Improvisation techniques